Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lane’s List Goes “Lively”

"Nazz Lane Gets Lively"

I logged into Lively, Google's virtual world for the first time today. If you're out there already, look me up, (nazzlane) I'd like to hear your thoughts about it. Coincidently,I had just responded to an event request from Rissa Maidstone for later this day to listen in on a panel discussion, "Second Life Looks At Google Lively", which I eagerly registered to attend.

After installing the viewer and choosing an avatar, I looked through a list of rooms to go into and chose a coffeehouse for my first time rez. I only stayed in Lively briefly as initially I found it to be laggier then SL. I'd not yet figured out how to move around, so while there I simply sat on a leather sofa and listened in on an active chat. I was greeted by several people and we exchanged pleasantries. The one notably comment from someone in the coffeehouse suggested that standing around and chatting seemed to be the way to pass time while there, sort of anti-lively don't you think.

I'm planning to spend a more time there over the next few weeks getting to know my way around and I will post here about the people I meet and the places I see.

No comments: