Saturday, July 19, 2008

Nazz Lane Playlist

Music is a big part of my life, second and real. A fan mostly of classic rock, I also listen to Blue's and Jazz. People I'd met since starting Lane's List and those who knew me already from my SL travels often see me with a group tag name that changes, based on a song that had caught my attention and mood. The song sort of resonates in my mind for that day or sometimes a week or longer. I've also "twittered" the song, introducing it in a post as the lead song for that day's playlist.



Earlier this week, a DJ I'd recently met wanted to know, so she asked me about the group tag name I was wearing that day and so I told her the tale. She is fairly new to SL and so I walked her through how one could do that using the group menu's, creating a role with title and then making changes. She was intrigued as to what songs had made the list and so I compiled a list and dropped a notecard on her a few days later. The next day she IM'ed to tell me that she'd put a playlist together for her gigs and had used it that day, introducing it as "Nazz's Playlist". I thought it fair that I post the list here as well ... after all this is "Lane's List".



Nazz Lane Playlist

I Musta Got Lost - J Geils

Back on My Feet Again - 38 Special

Low Rider - War

Hang On Loosely - 38 Special

Back In the Saddle - Arrowsith

Spoonful - Cream

Instant Karma - John Lennon

Lookin For a Love - J Geils

Back In Black - AC/DC

Simply Irresistable - Robert Palmer

Ain't Nothing But a House Party - J Geils

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

Runnin Down a Dream - Tom Petty

Bring It On Home - Led Zeppelin

I Know Its Only Rock and Roll - Rolling Stones

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2

Stranded - Stevie Ray Vaughn

Free Falling - Tom Petty

Tumbling Dice - Rolling Stones

Dancing In The Streets - Martha Reeves / Van Halen

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen

A Dangling Conversation - Simon and Garfunkel

The Real Me - Who

Alive - Pearl Jam

Next Contestant - Nickleback

Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix

Start Me Up - Rolling Stones

Gimme All Your Lovin - ZZ Top

Turn the Page - Bob Segar

Life in the Fast Lane - Eagles

Show Me the Way - Peter Frampton

Detroit Breakdown - J Geils

Expierenced - Jimi Hendrix

Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin

Running WIth the Devil - Van Halen

Hard to Handle - Black Crows

Young Lust - Pink Floyd

La Grange - ZZ Top

Can't You See - Marshall TuckerBand

I Can't Drive 55 - Sammy Hagar

Blue Collar Man - Styx

Can't Explain - Who

Grand Allusion - Styx

Who Do You Love - George Thoroughgood

You Really Got Me - Kinks / Van Halen

Love Me Two Times - Doors

Crosstown Traffic - Jimi Hendrix

Sympathy For the Devil - Rolling Stones

And She Was - Talking Heads

Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon

The Waiting - Tom Petty

No comments: